“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” ~ Helen Keller
All of us at BLC want your heart to be healthy! Let’s begin with a focus on heart health goals as we gear up for The American Heart Association 2019 HeartChase! BLC will be sponsoring and participating in this wonderful race again this year. In doing so,
we continue to promote ways to manage healthy living as we do in our own Heart2Home Cardiac Health & Wellness Program. Heart2Home is committed to the education of all our own residents throughout their entire rehab and skilled nursing stay and this same type of commitment continues when returning home as a part of their home health program too.
Heart Healthy Life
The American Heart Association has put together “Life’s Simple 7” to empower everyone to work toward a life of heart-healthy changes. Starting with at least 1 or 2 of these steps will help to make huge improvements in our lives.
- Blood Pressure – Blood pressure which is maintained at a healthy range reduces stress on our heart and arteries.
- Cholesterol – With a controlled cholesterol level, we are helping our arteries to remain clear of blockages.
- Blood Sugar – By controlling carbohydrate and sugar intake, our blood glucose levels are better managed and easier to maintain at a healthy range. In turn, this helps our heart, kidneys, eyes and nerves stay healthy for a longer amount of time.
- Remain Active – Daily physical exercise such as walking, swimming or biking helps keep our muscles stronger, joints more flexible and promotes a longer better quality of life.
- Eating Habits – Consuming a well balanced diet consisting of healthier food choices such fruits, vegetables and lean meats will help us feel and rest better and stay healthier longer.
- Weight Loss – Maintaining a healthy weight reduces excessive burden on our heart, lungs, bones and joints.
- Stop Smoking – Smoking cessation must happen in order to stay healthy, plus it also helps to prevent others around from getting sick too. There are many programs aimed at helping to “kick the habit”. See your physician for more information.
The Chase Starts Now!
Get your game on! HeartChase is a good-cause community adventure game. It is also a fun and frenzied pursuit of hidden rewards that promote healthy lives. BLC’s participation in The American Heart Association’s HeartChase is a just a part of our desire to encourage everyone to get physically active and make healthier choices. We plan to do our part to help reduce death and disability from cardiovascular disease and stroke by 20 percent by 2020. Please help us reach this life saving goal by joining our team or making a donation today at: 2019 NKY HeartChase
HEART2HOME CARDIAC HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAM
The BLC Heart2Home Program provides a comprehensive plan of care tailored for your specific cardiac needs. We join you and your loved ones in the commitment to the management of your cardiac care. Our professional Cardiac Team will follow and monitor your progress, consulting with our resident physician and cardiologist throughout your stay. This team consists of a committed group of professionals, including physicians, nurses, dietitians and our own “in house” licensed Physical,
Occupational, and Speech Therapists. The program continues while you are in one of our skilled nursing facilities, as well as after your return home.
Baptist Life Communities prides itself on providing exemplary care; we take every measure to ensure your needs and expectations are exceeded.
To discover more about how BLC can help you, please visit our website today or call us at 859-283-8600. Also, be sure to “Like us” on Facebook and sign up to receive our monthly Enews to stay current on monthly events, tips, and news.